- Have a warm shower or bath before getting into bed. This will warm your body making it much easier to stay warm once you get under the covers.
- Hot water bottles are great for little ones. Dress them up in different covers so they have a new friend every night to cuddle up with.
- To keep your mattress well protected and warm, invest in a good quality mattress protector – for added warmth for little ones, place a thick blanket on top.
- Make sure your bed is off the ground and away from any exterior walls. Walls conduct the cold from the growth of mildew and increases the chances of condensation forming around you, making it much colder and increasing health problems.
- It’s important to keep your sleeping temperature just right. A too-warm bedroom can keep you up at night but being too cold will also keep you from being comfortable in bed.
Learn why we struggle to sleep in winter.